M. G. FISHERIES LTD. Grand Manan, NB, Canada
How to Cook a Lobster
- Use salt water if possible, if not add lots of salt to your water.
- You want to steam the lobster not boil it.
- Boiling will cause the meat to become tough.
- Put about 2″ of water in pot.
- Take the bands off the lobster and place in steaming water.
- Let steam for 20-25 minutes or until the top feeler pulls out with ease.
- Note: Make sure you cut the bands off before steaming, the bands left on will cause the meat to taste like rubber.
Source: M.G. Fisheries Ltd. – How to Cook a Lobster